Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>,Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL speakers needed for OSCON 2004
Date: 2003-12-19 19:32:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacypgsql-generalpgsql-hackers
I like Joe's ideas about presentations on the
specific PLs.  This crosses over with Robert's
idea about advanced Tools and Tricks.

So...I'm considering both a talk and a tutorial
proposal.  I can't decide yet exactly what
I'm going to do, yet, but I need to put it
out so that if someone else wants one of
these topics we can either work together
or figure out who wants to do what.

* What is a ORDBMS?  And how does postgresql
  implement it? (talk)
* Advanced plpgsql (talk or tutorial)
* Basic plpython (talk or tutorial)
* Intro to postgresql (tutorial)
* Creating new datatypes (this might conflict
  with Joe's tutorial). (tutorial)

--elein