Re: Postgresql on software RAID

From: Mitchell Laks <mlaks(at)bellatlantic(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql on software RAID
Date: 2003-12-18 05:46:45
Lists: pgsql-admin

Dear Experts,

For what its worth : I have been running a postgresql database on a hardware
raid 5 (adaptec 2400A hardware card and 4 x 200GB WD IDE drives) for about
6months and in my (relatively low volume read write by transaction standards
described by others here) environment all has been smooth.

MItchell Laks