Re: Hello and some questions

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hello and some questions
Date: 2003-12-17 17:32:12
Lists: pgsql-www

Robert,

> The problem is that everyone talks about what needs to be done but no one
> actually does anything...

Yep.

> I'm no openacs expert, but there are multiple CMS packages available.
> Whether they meet your definition of "full featured" I couldn't say.

There didn't used to be. Maybe there are now.

> This is too rich. As the guy who has actually been stymied on several
> attempts to move techdocs into the future, and the one who is actually
> updating the content now, please let me know when one of you two is ready
> to "start running things".

Um, no offense, but I don't see anything happening with Techdocs now, from
anybody. Including you.

You seem to think that there is some floodgate
> of authors writing articles with no way to get them on-line... I just don't
> think thats the case.

Have you taken a look at General Bits lately? Elein manages to get 2 new
articles a week -- partly because she's persistent, and partly becuase
authors submitting to General Bits don't need to do their own HTML
formatting.

> Techdocs works better when the casual passer by can
> post responses and updates to articles on the fly, building upon others
> body of work.

Yeah, that would be cool.

> but all of this is secondary to getting Andreas code finished up so we can
> begin unifying the various websites. Thats where we really need to
> concentrate because it is the roadblock to new development...

Agreed.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions