Re: Bug or expected behaviour

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Ravinder Bhalla <Ravinder(dot)Bhalla(at)ipix(dot)com>,'Stephan Szabo' <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bug or expected behaviour
Date: 2003-12-16 17:12:11
Lists: sfpug
Ravinder,

> Both the following query will throw same result (assuming empname aslo exist
> in Dept)

The issue is whether or not the referenced select column exists in the
sub-select table.   If it does *not*, you get the behavior you've seen.

> Or Could u pls tell me exactly how the Optimizer transform the above
> query(ies)

No offense, but could you stick to standard English spellings?   I find
"online jargon" like "u pls" doesn't scan well and makes it more work for me
to read e-mails.  Thanks!

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions