Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, marek(at)lewczuk(dot)com,Marek Lewczuk <newsy(at)lewczuk(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website
Date: 2003-12-13 16:26:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Peter, Marek,

> To me it would make more sense to have one web site with multilingual
> content that a larger group can maintain rather than a whole bunch of
> web sites scattered around with only a single person with limited time
> behind each of them.

This is the *eventual* plan.  However, the pgsql-www group has not made a lot
of progress in the last month towards it; we still have some significant
technical challenges to overcome.   (Did'ja know that *no* OSS project, to
date, has an efficient system for managing their website translations for
more than 3 languages?)

So, Marek, it might be a good idea for you to get started but set up
postgresql.pl using the easiest method, since eventually we'll ask you to
merge with pl.postgresql.org.

Make sense?

--
Josh Berkus