Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, marek(at)lewczuk(dot)com,Marek Lewczuk <newsy(at)lewczuk(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Join advocacy team - polish PostgreSQL website
Date: 2003-12-13 12:58:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Saturday 13 December 2003 07:09, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Marek Lewczuk wrote:
> > So my question is, do I have a green light to run polish PostgreSQL
> > website. Of course I will ask my friends (which are using PostgreSQL
> > in Poland) to help me with this. For sure I will try to promote
> > PostgreSQL in Poland and also to help users in using PG.
>
> To me it would make more sense to have one web site with multilingual
> content that a larger group can maintain rather than a whole bunch of
> web sites scattered around with only a single person with limited time
> behind each of them.

Like advocacy.postgresql.org?  Given that the site has been given some
quasi-officaial deprecation from many of the advocacy/web leaders I'm not
excited about having people translate it into even more languages if that
work is going to be tossed overboard.  But it did give us an avenue to do
just what you're suggesting, and I don't see much progress being made on the
Grand Unified Website...

Robert Treat