Re: make "wal_debug" GUC var a boolean

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>,PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: make "wal_debug" GUC var a boolean
Date: 2003-12-12 19:27:14
Lists: pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> I agree.  Having a special debug variable for WAL seems like a
> short-term thing whose time has passed.  You could probably even
> make that code a compile-time option like the others at the
> bottom of pg_config_manual.h.

That seems right.  It's never something that a user would need, because
by the time you'd tell him to turn it on, the events won't be
repeatable.

Btw., that list in pg_config_manual.h is totally incomplete and seems
unnecessary because most of these things only affect one file and are
better turned on or off there.