Re: gforge

From: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gforge
Date: 2003-12-01 21:01:38
Lists: pgsql-www

I must be having a bad email day! The garbled text quoted below the
message is exactly why you do not want to use the back arrow to try and
edit a message for resending from the spell checker of mail.yahoo.com.
:( Here is the message corrected -- again.

a) I have not reviewed GForge any further then looking at what Marc
installed on gforge.postgresql.org and what is up on www.gforge.org.
With that said from the surface it's architecture looks to be similar
to SourceForge's, the community has a fairly high profile individual
who was also an original member of SoSourceforge. Other than that I
really can't say.

b) Everything I have seen looks like GFGForgeunctions the same of
Sourceforge but again it's hard to say since I have not spent much time
on either of those sites over the years.

c) If the choice was made to move away from GBorg then I would probably
end my direct involvement in the community after any migration had
taken place. This does not mean I wouldn't be open to participating in
the community on future efforts. I have always and will always use and
advocate PostgreSQL when I can in my places of work and on other
projects.

Chris "did i finally get it right" Ryan