Re: gforge

From: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gforge
Date: 2003-12-01 20:49:59
Lists: pgsql-www

Resent reply to include pgsql-www list:

> So my personal questions for you are: a) what do you, personally,
> think about
> GfGforge architecture, community, and future? b) how does gfgforge>
stack up
> against SoSourceforgen your opinion? c) if we switch away from
> GBGBorgwill
> that be the end of your involvement in the community, or are there
> other
> things you want to work on?

Answers:
a) I have not reviews GFGForgeny further then looking at what Marc
installed on gfgforgopostgresqlrorgnd what is up on
wwwwwfgforgerorgWith that said from the surface it's ararchitecureooks
to be similar to Source Forges, the community has a fairly high profile
individual who was also an original member of SoSourceforgether than
that I really can't say.

b) Everything I have seen looks like GFGForgeunctions the same of
SoSourceforgeut again it's hard to say since I have not spent much time
on either of those sites over the years.

c) If the choice was made to move away from GBGBorghen I would probably
end my direct involvement in the community after any migration had
taken place. This does not mean I wowouldn be open to participating in
the community on future efforts. I have always and will always use and
advocate PoPostgreSQLhen I can in my places of work and on other
projects.

Chris Ryan