Re: gforge

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Chris Ryan <xgbe(at)yahoo(dot)com>,Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: gforge
Date: 2003-12-01 18:39:29
Lists: pgsql-www
Chris,

>     If GBorg stays it will need effort and participation from the
> community in order to make it into a better development platform. That
> is not something I can do by my self.

Well, the main reason to move toward GForge is that it is being actively
maintained and improved by  an outside community of people, while you've been
on your lonesome for some time.     Given the number of other projects for
which we need more people, I personally don't see anyone having the time to
put in the work GBorg needs to "catch up" any time soon.

So my personal questions for you are:  a) what do you, personally, think about
Gforge's architecture, community, and future?  b) how does gforge stack up
against Sourceforge in your opinion?  c) if we switch away from GBorg, will
that be the end of your involvement in the community, or are there other
things you want to work on?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions