Re: pg_lo_import alternative ...

From: "Rudi Starcevic" <rudi(at)oasis(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_lo_import alternative ...
Date: 2003-11-27 04:51:04
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

> Anyone that that is using Postgres for storage and retrival of
> images please post your experiences.

I've been very happy with a web application I built which stores
images in Postgresql in text format. I use PHP to base_64 encode
the binary image file into a text string and store that.

I can send you a PHP class which I use to encode/decode the
images and inserts them into a table.
Email me off list if your keen.

Cheers
Rudi.