Re: pg_autoconfig.pl

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Nick Barr <nicky(at)chuckie(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_autoconfig.pl
Date: 2003-11-22 17:19:23
Lists: pgsql-performance
Nick,

> Josh have you managed to put together the rest of the calculations yet?

Given that I spent most of November working on the PR for the 7.4 release,
I've just started to think about it.  As you can see, I'm thinking about
dovetailing pg_avd and pg_autoconf.

The difficult thing is to figure out settings for "bad" hardware setups.  Like
a 5GB database on a PIII500 + 256mb running 4 other pieces of major software
(I've acctually seen this).    Or a 500/minute OLTP database on a machine
with 1 fixed disk.

All the variables are going into a hash array, right?

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions