Re: [DOCS] 7.4 official docs : Fonts?

From: Guillaume LELARGE <gleu(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [DOCS] 7.4 official docs : Fonts?
Date: 2003-11-20 19:14:53
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-www
Le Jeudi 20 Novembre 2003 16:36, Bruce Momjian a écrit :

> > > I think it is the monospace italics that really look bad.
> >
> > I'd have to agree with you. Making them a color other than the text
> > (black) or the links (blue/purple depending on your eyes) would set
> > them off quite well. Serif fonts at small sizes can also be pretty
> > nasty, though this isn't an issue with the PostgreSQL docs.
>
> If we go with color, making them printable on a non-color printer
> becomes a problem.
This is not totaly true.

You can have alternate stylesheets depending on the media : on colorized for
screen, one black and white for printer. Latest releases of current browers
(mozilla, ie6) are able to handle these tags :
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="2columnspg.css" media="screen"
    title="TwoColumn">
  <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="printpg.css" media="print">

Adding a title make them available for stylesheet switching in the browser
(mozilla).

--
Guillaume
  <!-- http://absfr.tuxfamily.org/