Re: Nice E-Week article

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Nice E-Week article
Date: 2003-11-20 17:28:58
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> > 	http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1391237,00.asp
>
> ALL RIGHT!   I can't tell you how excited I am to finally see an article
> favorably comparing us to SQL Server and Oracle, and not that darned database
> beginning with M.
>
> Really good quotes.  Must thank Brian again.

Hey, I said some of those quotes too.  :-)

Strange things is I found the aricle only because it was linked to by
the South African article that was mentioned in an earlier email.

> > Not sure why they think we are based in New York, except SRA has an New
> > York City office.  Strange.
>
> After about 2 months of discussion about the release dateline location (one is
> required) we decided on New York, New York, which Heather, Afilias' PR
> person, said is often used by Internet companies with no fixed abode.

Oh, good plan then.

> One original suggestion was Panama City, Panama where our servers are located,
> but this was widely put down as a bad idea.
>
> Maybe next time we'll use Pittsburg or Philadelphia as the geographic center
> of the Core team.

We do have two in Philadelphia.  I was thinking more randomly, and to
pick really obscure locations for our developers, but New York is
probably the best bet then.  :-)