Re: Nice E-Week article

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Nice E-Week article
Date: 2003-11-20 17:24:50
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Bruce,

ALL RIGHT! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally see an article
favorably comparing us to SQL Server and Oracle, and not that darned database
beginning with M.

Really good quotes. Must thank Brian again.

> Not sure why they think we are based in New York, except SRA has an New
> York City office. Strange.

After about 2 months of discussion about the release dateline location (one is
required) we decided on New York, New York, which Heather, Afilias' PR
person, said is often used by Internet companies with no fixed abode.

One original suggestion was Panama City, Panama where our servers are located,
but this was widely put down as a bad idea.

Maybe next time we'll use Pittsburg or Philadelphia as the geographic center
of the Core team.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions