Re: Of Conventions: PHPCon & Comdex

From: Lamar Owen <lowen(at)pari(dot)edu>
To: "Cornelia Boenigk" <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>, "PostgreSQL advocacy" <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Of Conventions: PHPCon & Comdex
Date: 2003-11-19 22:04:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wednesday 19 November 2003 04:37 pm, Cornelia Boenigk wrote:
> There is a request from the advocacy-site

> Someone wants to install PostgreSQL on Suse 7.2 and asks which rpm
> package he must use ??

On SuSE _7.2_?!? It comes with a version of PostgreSQL, but that would be a
question for Reinhard Max, who maintains the SuSE RPM. Possibly you would
want to try getting the 7.4 SuSE source RPM to rebuild on 7.2. I seriously
doubt it will rebuild without a lot of work, since the 7.4 RPM was proably
developed for whatever the latest SuSE version is.

SuSE is considerably different from Red Hat, and I don't recommend using Red
Hat RPMs on SuSE.
--
Lamar Owen
Director of Information Technology