thread safe?

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql -bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: thread safe?
Date: 2003-11-18 13:29:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

After reading the HISTORY file with the new 7.4, I
happened across the thread-safe with libpq stuff. As I
am using this in my OS X app I thought I would add it
in. (Not that I thought that I needed it, it was more
for fun..)

I got the following error on configure:

checking for pthread.h... yes
configure: error:
Cannot enable threads on your platform.
Please report your platform threading info to the
PostgreSQL mailing lists so it can be added to the
next release. Report all compile flags, link flags,
functions, or libraries required for threading
support.
See the comment at the top of src/port/thread.c for
more information.

Is this a known issue.....?

Ted