Re: RC2 will not make check on OSX 10.3

From: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RC2 will not make check on OSX 10.3
Date: 2003-11-16 01:40:39
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Neil,

I posted to the apple site asking if anyone could
recommend the 'correct' place to edit these settings.
I don't think a change like this would survive a
system update.....

But it was the only way I got the settings to 'take'.

It deserves to be mentioned in the docs that this is
necessary at least as far as 10.3.1 (osx).

Ted

--- Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com> wrote:
> Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> > After about two hours of hunting pecking and
> anything
> > else I found where you control this in OSX 10.3
> >
> > you must edit the /etc/rc  file.

/System/Library/StartupItems/SystemTuning/SystemTuning