Re: Page contents

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)ufgnet(dot)ufg(dot)br>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Page contents
Date: 2003-11-14 20:34:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi Josh,

> I think that's a good approach for us. The major headings, from my
> perspective, would be (in no particular order):
>
> Downloads
> Documentation & User Information
> Press Room
> Developers
> Gborg
> About
> Store

Could you describe what each item will contain ? Maybe draft a site map? Like Michael I'm a newcomer and I don't know much about PostgreSQL Project.

> and to come in the future:
> Jobs
> PostgreSQL Foundation

Nice things.

> Given those links and other stuff that needs to be on the front page, but
> *not* on other pages:
> Links to non-english sites
> Survey
> Mission Statement
> News Items
> Events

If we don't want to put it on the front page, maybe we could attach each one to the main links.

> I think we could have a pretty full page *without* providing any greater
> detail. And the whole page might load without scrolling at 1024x768, a
> consumation devoutly to be wished!

Maybe, we have it! But it depends on the amount of information we will provide.

> I mention the above because all will be dynamic content which needs to be
> plugged in somewhere.

Sure.

Regards,

--