Re: Email signature

From: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
To: Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Email signature
Date: 2003-11-14 18:05:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 18:05:55 +0100,
  Bruno LEVEQUE <bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry Joshua, but syst. eng. hate html e-mail too. (at least some of
> them;-))
>
> In fact I think there people who don't know there is the choice (only
> html for them. "There is another solution in oulook ?" ) and others.

One thing I have thought of doing is using multipart/alternative to
add a text/html part that didn't match the text/plain part and instead
had a message to please disable html to read this message message.
I figure that most geeks will have set their mailer to prefer text/plain
over text/html instead of going by part order for multipart/alternative
messages. I haven't wanted to spend the work to do this though.

I do run a couple of low volume mailing lists using ezmlm-idx and I
have html stripped out of messages so that pure html messages get
rejected and multipart/alternative messages only end up having
their text/plain parts get through.