Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thierry Missimilly <THIERRY(dot)MISSIMILLY(at)BULL(dot)NET>
Cc: PostgreSQL-interfaces <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 7.4 : ECPG not Thread-safe
Date: 2003-11-13 04:16:10
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Thierry Missimilly wrote:
> Thank you Bruce.
> You've had a good idea to send me your little program.
> I well understand the concept of "Named connection for each thread", but could you tell me where i can find a doc where the use of "EXEC SQL AT
> ..." is describe ?
>
> May i suggest to put some lines about that in the "Programmer's Guide" ?4 ECPG - Embedded SQL in C, as I have based my development on this doc
> and it could be useful for other user to know how to code in Multi-thread context.

Yes, our docs are petty sparse on ecpg.  It is basically the same as
SQL-standard embedded C, so any docs on that would be the same for ecpg.

Interfaces list, where is there detailed ecpg documentaiton, like
documentation on the AT clause?

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Philip YarraDate: 2003-11-13 04:35:31
Previous:From: Vandana SudheerDate: 2003-11-12 07:57:15
Subject: makefile fore Borland