Re: New Ideas about website

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Euler Taveira de Oliveira" <euler(at)ufgnet(dot)ufg(dot)br>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New Ideas about website
Date: 2003-11-12 18:04:15
Lists: pgsql-www

Euler,

> http://www.ufgnet.ufg.br/euler/pgsql-www/model-1.html
> http://www.ufgnet.ufg.br/euler/pgsql-www/model-2.html
> http://www.ufgnet.ufg.br/euler/pgsql-www/model-3.html

I like #3. Unlike other people here, I think I prefer just the headlines on
the news/events listings. It's simply too much text for a "front page"
otherwise, especially as the majority of traffic will be viewing the front
page just to go somewhere else.

I would like to make the left-hand column shorter in order not to make people
scroll so much. Maybe slightly less spacing between links? And handling the
"international" links in some other way, since this is liable to be a growing
list?

On the right column, we could cut the descriptions for the "top 5 Gborg
projects".

Finally, I notice that the links on the bottom bar are different from the
links on the top blue bar. this isn't intentional, I hope?

Oh, FWIW, really good work. Renders in Konq 3.0.3 perfectly.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions