pgsql-server/ ontrib/dblink/dblink.c ontrib/mi ...

From: tgl(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org (Tom Lane)
To: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgsql-server/ ontrib/dblink/dblink.c ontrib/mi ...
Date: 2003-11-09 21:30:38
Lists: pgsql-committers

CVSROOT: /cvsroot
Module name: pgsql-server
Changes by: tgl(at)svr1(dot)postgresql(dot)org 03/11/09 17:30:38

Modified files:
contrib/dblink : dblink.c
contrib/miscutil: misc_utils.c
src/backend/access/common: indexvalid.c scankey.c
src/backend/access/gist: Makefile gistget.c gistscan.c
src/backend/access/hash: Makefile
src/backend/access/heap: tuptoaster.c
src/backend/access/index: Makefile
src/backend/access/nbtree: Makefile nbtinsert.c nbtsearch.c
nbtutils.c
src/backend/access/rtree: rtscan.c rtstrat.c
src/backend/bootstrap: bootparse.y bootscanner.l
src/backend/catalog: aclchk.c dependency.c heap.c index.c
pg_constraint.c pg_conversion.c pg_depend.c
pg_largeobject.c
src/backend/commands: async.c cluster.c comment.c dbcommands.c
functioncmds.c opclasscmds.c tablecmds.c
trigger.c typecmds.c user.c vacuum.c
src/backend/executor: nodeIndexscan.c
src/backend/nodes: copyfuncs.c outfuncs.c
src/backend/optimizer/plan: createplan.c
src/backend/optimizer/util: plancat.c
src/backend/parser: parse_func.c
src/backend/rewrite: rewriteRemove.c
src/backend/storage/large_object: inv_api.c
src/backend/utils/adt: regproc.c ruleutils.c
src/backend/utils/cache: catcache.c lsyscache.c relcache.c
typcache.c
src/backend/utils/init: postinit.c
src/backend/utils/sort: tuplesort.c
src/include/access: gist.h nbtree.h relscan.h rtree.h skey.h
valid.h
src/include/commands: sequence.h
src/include/nodes: plannodes.h
src/include : pg_config_manual.h
src/include/storage: smgr.h
src/include/utils: catcache.h lsyscache.h rel.h
Removed files:
src/backend/access/gist: giststrat.c
src/backend/access/hash: hashstrat.c
src/backend/access/index: istrat.c
src/backend/access/nbtree: nbtstrat.c
src/include/access: istrat.h strat.h

Log message:
Add operator strategy and comparison-value datatype fields to ScanKey.
Remove the 'strategy map' code, which was a large amount of mechanism
that no longer had any use except reverse-mapping from procedure OID to
strategy number. Passing the strategy number to the index AM in the
first place is simpler and faster.
This is a preliminary step in planned support for cross-datatype index
operations. I'm committing it now since the ScanKeyEntryInitialize()
API change touches quite a lot of files, and I want to commit those
changes before the tree drifts under me.