Re: Committing Resources to Win32

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Committing Resources to Win32
Date: 2003-11-09 23:28:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Claudio Natoli wrote:

> > I'm trying to understand this. Is it that the existing code references
> > static data in so many places that it impractical to move all
> > that into a structures?
>
> More like "unjustifiable for a single port" than impractical.

Not for a single port, maybe, but if it was done cleanly enough, could
help for those that are investigating 'threading' parts of the backend to
improve performance ...

Note that the only reason that this hasn't been done yet is because nobody
so far has step'd up to do more then propose it ... ever proposition, so
far as my memory serves, has been "do it all at once" instead of
incremental clean ups ...