Large tables, copy-and-paste, default sql

From: ow <oneway_111(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Large tables, copy-and-paste, default sql
Date: 2003-11-09 15:06:06
Lists: pgadmin-support
pgAdmin III, v1.0.0, pgSql 7.4.rc1

Hi,

Thanks for the great product, it really helps!

There a couple of things that, I think, could be improved still:

1. Tree view that shows the list of tables: When I click on a table that
contains relatively large number of rows (20M+), it takes pgAdmin a very, very
long time to show the respective CREATE clause for the table. It appears that
pgAdmin is forcing pgSql to count rows in the table, though I may be wrong. Is
there a way to avoid the delay?

2. pgAdmin Query/Sql tool: It'd be nice if there was a way to copy data from
the "data output" tab. I know it can be exported, but many times I need just a
small piece of data and it'd be nice to just copy-and-paste.

3. pgAdmin Query/Sql tool: IMHO, it be better if Sql/Query tool window opened
blank, i.e. without prepopulating it with SQL of the item that had focus when
Query tool was launched. Most of the time (99%), I remove default SQL, it does
not do me any good.

Thanks