Re: Access, pass-through queries and isolation level

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Philippe Lang <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access, pass-through queries and isolation level
Date: 2003-11-07 14:27:40
Lists: pgsql-odbc

--- Philippe Lang <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch>
wrote:
> I'm sending the two statements in one single
> pass-through query. Both statements are separated by
> a semicolon. I even tried to remove the carridge
> return at the end of the first statement, but of
> course, it has no effect.
>
> Postgres handles the sql commands fine. But I'm not
> able to get the return value from
> "func_test_insert", as soon as I add an sql command
> BEFORE the function call. BUT, if I add this SQL
> command AFTER the function call, it's OK.
> Apparently, the first statement is considered to be
> the one that returns data. All others are executed,
> but their return value is discarded. I guess this is
> an Access issue, more than an ODBC one, right?

By elimination, I would say sit has to be an ODBC
issue. In a pass through query, Access has no clue
about the meaning of what you are sending, and
PostgreSQL will certainly return the value you want.

If you haven't done so already, turn on ODBC logging,
and try posting the relevant sections to this list.
Someone knowledgable (that counts me out) might be
able to do something with that.