Re: Open Sourcing pgManage

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Postgresql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
Date: 2003-11-04 20:59:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>
> >On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >

> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>  If that is the case that is fine. I just wanted to throw it out there
> >>but doesn't that mean that
> >>psql would be separate as well?
> >>

> >"no new client applications"
> >

> BTW, Joshua, thanks for releasing this - all my client side work is
> currently Java (a Tomcat webapp in fact) so I'm very interested to see
> the shape of your app, as I'm sure others are.

D'oh, just clued into the 'java' aspect ... Joshua, will this run as a
JSP, remotely, through Jakarta-Tomcat?  One of the limitations of pgAdmin,
as far as I'm concerned, is the fact that you can run it remotely ... if
you could run pgManage under something like Jakarta-Tomcat as a JSP, that
would be *really* cool ...