Re: Open Sourcing pgManage

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
Date: 2003-11-04 23:02:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Josh,

>   Yes it has a Java requirement but hey.... that is a lot easier than a
> GTK requirement to fullfill.
> My thought is that it could be included as pgAccess used to be.

As we discussed, PostgreSQL is blessed with three ... now 4 ... good GUI
interfaces.   We don't have the justification to include one of these GUIs
with the source and not the others.

I do think that we should consider offering the GUIs alongside the source on
the FTP mirrors.  Or at least having a big link on the downloads page and the
users page to the GUI list.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Previous:From: Jeff HoffmannDate: 2003-11-04 22:06:33
Subject: Re: Hacking PostgreSQL to work in Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther