7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...
Date: 2003-11-03 05:38:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As Tom announced on Friday, Release Candidate 1 has now been tag'd and
bundled ... please test to confirm that nothing seems off with this build

I'm going to do a broader announce on it tonight, to the -announce and
-general lists ...

Also, I've created a branch (REL7_4_STABLE) so that work on v7.5 can
proceed for those sitting on stuff ... committers, please make sure you
check out -rREL7_4_STABLE before applying any patches that need to be in
v7.4 final release ...

Unless anyone finds anything amiss with RC1, and pending any docs changes
between now and then, we could have a full release as early as next Monday
*cross fingers*

In order to help the advocacy group with the formally press release, and
unless something *major* gets detected afterwards, testers have until
Thursday of the final week, after which time the final release is "set in
stone" ... note that I did say unless something major happens between
Thursday and the following Monday ... this gives the advocacy team 3 days
to 'tie up loose ends' with the various translations ...