Re: NOT NULL

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: NOT NULL
Date: 2003-10-30 16:02:29
Lists: sfpug

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 07:51:18AM -0800, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 07:55 PM, David Fetter wrote:
>
> >Works for me on 7.3.4, anyway :)
>
> I've added code to check the version number and to use ALTER TABLE
> if it's gt 7.3.
>
> >Do you have some way of checking what versions are in your
> >installed base? PostgreSQL is really great because when a version
> >goes up, it's for significant improvements :)
>
> We claim to support 7.1 and later. I might change that for the 1.8
> release of Bricolage; I'll have to ask folks on the mail list what
> they're using.

Perhaps there's some way to put in something in the install script
that reads something like this:

"To help serve your needs better, the Bricolage development team would
like to know which version of PostgreSQL you are using. This
information will only be used to count how many installations are on
each version of PostgreSQL. Is it OK to mail this information to
them? (y/N)"

Cheers,
David Fetter david(at)fetter(dot)org http://fetter.org/
phone: +1 510 893 6100 cell: +1 415 235 3778