Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Rich Seiersen" <rich67dev(at)hotmail(dot)com>, elein(at)varlena(dot)com
Cc: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org, david(at)fetter(dot)org, sean(at)chittenden(dot)org
Subject: Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator
Date: 2003-10-30 23:45:12
Lists: sfpug

Rich,

> Would it be ideal to have a system that perhaps intereacts with CVS?
> Meaning, developers would use a web gui to write and doc, but they would
> publish to cvs. The moderator would then determine if its ready for
> primetime, and then execute some foo (from the gui) that publishes it to the
> main system, probably a few tables. Only the brances from cvs ready to
> publish would actually make it to the DB.

Why use CVS when we have a database? A relational database is much better
for version control.

Also, I don't see needing a moderator's clearance. On a site by & for
developers, problems will be rare. Heck, if I didn't want the
catagorization & searching, I'd suggest using a Wiki.

> Josh, do you have a dev server all setup with php, postgres, ssh? For dev
> puprposes, perhaps we should run cvs on the same maching until we work out
> all the kinks. (assuming my idea of coordination is not entirely insane).

I do but it needs some straightening out ... I'm running 2 different versions
of Apache & 3 different versions of Postgres. And I'd need your help to set
up cvsup, assuming that we want to use it for developing the app. It can't
be that complicated; 1 search screen and 1 add/editing screen, with simple
login access?

--
-Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions