Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>,SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [cool hack] Credit Card validator
Date: 2003-10-30 22:32:57
Lists: sfpug
David,

> How about a CPAN (P for PostgreSQL, or maybe PL/*)?

See my other post.

> On a slightly related note, is there anything in the works for making
> packages (or otherwise de-flattening the namespace) in Pl/PgSQL?

We've discussed it, but PL/pgSQL still lacks a project lead really devoted to
advancing the language.  All of the work on PL/pgSQL for 7.4 was done by Joe
Conway, and primarily becuase he needed is as a stepping stone for buiding up
PL/R.

I wrote a spec for "CREATE PROCEDURE" for one Oracle migration client, but
they backed out when they got the estimate.

We really need someone with the right C skills who's dedicated to making
PL/pgSQL the equal of PL/SQL.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions