Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server

From: timothy(dot)r(dot)morley(at)kc(dot)frb(dot)org
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Connnection to SSL enabled server
Date: 2003-10-30 13:54:42
Lists: pgadmin-support
I've done some more testing.  I installed pgadmin3-1.0.1 and
pgadmin3-1.1.0-cvs20031030 on a Mandrake 9.2 box.  The Mandrake 9.2 box
has all updates applied and is running openssl-0.9.7b-4.1.92mdk.  When I
connect from this machine to my SSL enabled PostgreSQL machine pgadmin3
crashes(both versions) when I try to execute a query.  I can use either
version to connect to my nonSSL PostgreSQL server and I can execute a
query.  So here is a summary of my current results.

Server: PostgreSQL 7.3.4 compiled with option --with-openssl.  Openssl
version 0.9.7c.
1. RedHat9 client: Pgadmin3 crashes when executing a query while connected
to the SSL enabled PostgreSQL server.  Pgadmin3 executes query against a
nonSSL PostgreSQL server and against the SSL enabled server when ssl =
false is set in postgresql.conf. Client has openssl-0.9.7a installed.
2. Mandrake 9.2 client: Same results as with RedHat9 client. Client has
openssl-0.9.7b-4.1.92mdk installed.
3. Slackware 9.1: All queries on all servers work. Client has
openssl-0.9.7b installed.

Tim

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
10/30/2003 04:41 AM