Fwd: Re: Call for port reports

From: Philip Yarra <philip(at)utiba(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Fwd: Re: Call for port reports
Date: 2003-10-30 00:30:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I've just tried the latest CVS on Tru64 (OSF) and I'm getting a surprising
number of failures. I've tested using gcc 2.95 and compaq's cc (both the same
number of failures, can provide regression.* and make.out from /bin/cc run
if required). The attached results are from gcc, which appears to be default
unless I `export CC=/bin/cc`

$ uname -a
OSF1 hostname V4.0 1229 alpha
[that's Tru64 v4.0F ]

$ ./configure --with-thread-safety && make clean check
[snip]
18 of 93 tests failed, 1 of these failures ignored.

I've attached regression.diffs and regression.out - the
same CVS snapshot passed `make check` perfectly on Linux, BTW

I saw Alessio's results from Tru64 v4.0g this morning - no problems there, so
I wonder if I am doing something wrong... can anyone provide further
suggestions?

There may be some wierdness on my build host, so when time permits I'll try on
a different alpha machine. I've also attached make.out.gz - the output of
make.

Regards, Philip Yarra.

Attachment Content-Type Size
regression.out.gz application/x-gzip 980 bytes
regression.diffs.gz application/x-gzip 10.7 KB
make.out.gz application/x-gzip 17.0 KB