Re: logging messages this time

From: Ennio-Sr <nasr(dot)laili(at)tin(dot)it>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: logging messages this time
Date: 2003-10-29 19:35:38
Lists: pgsql-novice
* Eric S. Johansson <esj(at)harvee(dot)org> [291003, 13:44]:
> [...]
> This is a weird one.  I'm probably missing something really basic that I
> don't even know enough to describe or look for in the manual.  From what
> I understand, I needed to turn on the various logging statements and
> syslog configuration statements then restart postmaster and I should be
> able to get logged messages, right?

I'm the last person that can advice somebody ... but, do have a look at
this, it might help :-)
-------------
$ head -30 /etc/postgresql/postmaster.conf
# /etc/postgresql/postmaster.conf
#
[...]
(about row 22)
# Where to find the PostgreSQL database files, including those that
# define PostgresSQL users and permissions.
# POSTGRES_DATA=/var/lib/postgres/data

# Where to send logging and debugging traces.  By default, very little
# should appear here, because SYSLOG is set to 2 in postgresql.conf, so
# that all messages are sent to syslog only.
# POSTGRES_LOG=/var/log/postgres.log

Regards,
	Ennio

--
[Perche' usare Win$ozz (dico io) se ..."anche uno sciocco sa farlo.     \\?//
 Fa' qualche cosa di cui non sei capace!"   (diceva Henry Miller) ]     (°|°)