Re: PostgreSQL Certification

From: Andrew Sullivan <andrew(at)libertyrms(dot)info>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL Certification
Date: 2003-10-27 16:50:48
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 06:24:16PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> The only way for a PostgreSQL 'certification' to be of much value
> would be if we could expect that hundreds/thousands of people would
> GET HIRED as a result of having the certification. That doesn't seem

That would require at least hundreds of companies to be advertising
for PostgreSQL DBAs. A quick scan of the standard job boards doesn't
turn that up. Maybe we should try working more on that. No need to
flood a demand-less world with supply.

----
Andrew Sullivan 204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada Toronto, Ontario Canada