Re: MSAccess Problem

From: Jeff Eckermann <jeff_eckermann(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: "Smitha V(dot) Babu" <smitha(dot)v(at)sonata-software(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MSAccess Problem
Date: 2003-10-16 14:24:19
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- "Smitha V. Babu" <smitha(dot)v(at)sonata-software(dot)com>
wrote:
> Hi to all...
> I am facing a small problem..
> I created a database in MSAccess with 5 tables,1
> form,1 query and report .
> I want my client to view the report only..not the
> entire database...
> What should i do..
> He should not able to even view tables...

I've never done this, but...
You could conceal the table & report definitions by
creating them dynamically, i.e. by code which runs as
required. I'm not sure whether it is possible to have
bound forms/reports etc. for dynamically created
tabledefs: you could use unbound forms etc, but then
you would need to write code to handle the things that
Access itself usually handles, e.g. populating data
fields on forms, saving inserts/updates. Then you
could conceal your code by distributing the app as a
.mde file.

The Developer Edition gives you more options, but I
haven't used it.

This is not a PostgreSQL issue, you need to look at
your Access references.