Re: MySQL interview, no mention of PostgreSQL

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MySQL interview, no mention of PostgreSQL
Date: 2003-10-15 15:56:41
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Jeff,

> Here's an interview in Linux Magazine that doesn't even mention
> PostgreSQL. I wouldn't expect the interviewee to mention it, but it's
> frustrating that the interviewer didn't even bring it up.
>
> http://www.linux-mag.com/2003-07/monty_01.html

Why should he bring it up?   It's an interview with Monty, not a database
survey.

I know the editor of Linux Magazine, and he is not in any way biased toward
MySQL ... except that their crowd produce more articles.   The answer to this
article is not to hassle LM, but rather for one of us to work on a feature
article on 7.4 for the release.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions