Re: problems installing 7.3.4 with java

From: b-vol <bvol(at)b-vol(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Holger Klawitter <lists(at)klawitter(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: problems installing 7.3.4 with java
Date: 2003-09-28 12:03:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Helllo Holger,

Thanks for your help. I have the problem sorted (I think). I added
JAVACMD=${JAVA_HOME}/bin in /etc/profile. However ant would not run as su.
I decided to run as root to do the installation.
It did run as su with the JAVACMD line hashed out. But I was unsure why a
reference to the java compiler was not needed and I deleted the installation
and restarted.
I last used ant(version1.4) with building the jdbc drivers for 7.2.1 . I do
not know if JAVACMD is still needed to be set (for the 7.3/7.4 versions of
postgresql). Pleasse advise.

regards
CT