Re: Indices arent being used

From: rantunes(at)student(dot)dei(dot)uc(dot)pt
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Indices arent being used
Date: 2003-09-26 10:57:28
Lists: pgsql-performance
>Damn.. Seq. scan for actvars? I would say half an hour is a good throughput.
>
>Are there any indexes on both actvars.product_level and prodlevel.code_level?
Are >they exactly compatible type? int2 and int4 are not compatible in
postgresql >lingo.

>That plan should go for index scan. Can you show us the table definitions?
>
>And yes, what tuning you did to postgresql?
>
>Shridhar
The alterations done upon postgresql.conf with 512 RAM were these:

max_connections = 3
shared_buffers = 6000
wal_buffers = 32
sort_mem = 2048
fsync = false
effective_cache_size = 44800
random_page_cost = 3
default_statistics_target = 50

Yes I have an index on actvars.product_level and an index on
prodlevel.code_level.Both indices have character(12) data types.

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Dave [Hawk-Systems]Date: 2003-09-26 11:58:16
Subject: Re: populate table with large csv file
Previous:From: Shridhar DaithankarDate: 2003-09-26 07:25:15