Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test

From: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "[ADMIN]" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fw: Case Insensitive Test
Date: 2003-09-26 16:07:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, 26 Sep 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com> writes:
> > However, the immediate problem I have seems to come from the fact that
> > on Linux at least we're basically lying to configure about what's in the
> > system headers when we go to compile. port/linux.h on my system defined
> > _GNU_SOURCE which forces most/all of the extension things to be defined
> > even if they wouldn't by the command line options.
>
> Hm. I have to plead guilty to putting that #define in there. It was a
> quick-and-dirty workaround to make plperl compile. Perhaps a better
> solution would be for template/linux to add the appropriate thing to
> CPPFLAGS, so that configure would see the same environment. Can you
> try that and see if it fixes your issue? (What exactly is your issue,
> anyway?)

Configure doesn't find struct addrinfo (because it's in a __USE_POSIX
block) so it looks like we use our own version, but, when we're actually
then compiling getaddrinfo.c, there's a redefinition error because this
time struct addrinfo is found (because _GNU_SOURCE forces __USE_POSIX).

It looks like commenting it out of linux.h and adding it to template/linux
works for the main build, it compiles and links fine both with and without
--std=c89 and the latter also passes regression. I didn't try to build
plperl however.

Attachment Content-Type Size
gnusource.diff text/plain 1.4 KB