Welcome Regional Contacts!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Adrian Maier <am(at)fx(dot)ro>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>, Aleksander Kmetec <aleksander(dot)kmetec(at)intera(dot)si>, Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, Hornyak Laszlo <kocka(at)tigrasoft(dot)hu>, Francois Suter <dba(at)paragraf(dot)ch>, Christian Kokuri <ckuroki(at)dbas(dot)com(dot)ar>, Diogo Biazus <diogo(at)ikono(dot)com(dot)br>, Stefano Reksten <sreksten(at)sdb(dot)it>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Cornelia Boenigk <poppcorn(at)cornelia-boenigk(dot)de>, hcarle(at)afilias(dot)info, Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>, Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Welcome Regional Contacts!
Date: 2003-09-25 04:35:10
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Howdy, people.

Please find attached the list of Regional Contacts I have so far. Please
alert me immediately if I'm missing someone or I've got the wrong country or
contact.

So far, we have translations for the press release into: Hungarian, Italian,
Spanish, Brazilian, Romanian, German and French. Presumably Japanese &
Turkish have not been sent to me due to Unicode issues, yes? Aleksander,
Dennis, Jussi, this means that if you want to distribute the press release in
your native languages, you'll need to translate it. I'll send it in the
next e-mail.

First thing, though, is for each of you to decide whether or not you can put
togther at least a short list of local technology press contacts in the next
two weeks. If not, you should probably skip the rest of this process, as
there's no point in slaving over translations if you're not going to send
them out.

It looks like 7.4 will (finally!) become reality within the next couple of
weeks.

Second thing is for each of you to send me your contact information as you
want it to appear on the press release. While you will be responsible for
actually sending out the release to your own lists, we will also be posting a
master list on the web for press to refer to. Ideally, we would like a
daytime (your local daytime) phone number as well as e-mail since reporters
like to confirm things by phone. I do realise that some of you can't do
this, though.

Finally, I will be posting a second item to translate, so I will be adding a
few of you to the translators mailing list. That second item is a "7.4
Press Kit" to put on the web. Look for it, as we will need to get it up on
the web page.

Also: Who has their own, regional, PostgreSQL web site? I'm pretty sure
there are some in Japanese, Turkish & Brazilian. Anyone else? If so, we'll
be giving you the web stuff to go on your site.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

Attachment Content-Type Size