Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad

From: Bob Kimble <bob(at)iplicity(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad
Date: 2003-09-20 17:10:43
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thursday 18 September 2003 12:17, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Bob Kimble wrote:
> >On Thursday 18 September 2003 11:30, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> >>Hi Bob,
> >>It would have been quite a surprise if that sample didn't crash too.
> >>Please post that issue at wxWindow's bug system.
> >>
> >>Regards,
> >>Andreas
> >
> >Sounds good. However, the version of wxWindows used by the pgadmin3
> > package comes from www.pgadmin.org. I suspect I'm going to have to wait a
> > bit before the whole thing will be ready for the Alpha.
>
> Bob, can you check wxWindows CVS head on that Alpha machine? We will
> rarely update our wx package, so to get Alpha fixed the only way is to
> use an official wx version and have one of their developers work on
> that. It might even be a bug in gtk2, which would need an escalation to
> the gtk team...
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

Andreas,

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, but we lost electrical power because
of hurricane Isabel. I downloaded the file
http://wxwindows.sourceforge.net/snapshots/wx-cvs-20030919.tar.bz2 and built
it with the standard ./configure; make; make install approach. I used the
--enable-unicode and --disable-shared flags for the configure script. I then
made the samples target and ran the internat executable. It pops up a window
titled "Language" with the following choices: System default, French, German,
Russian, Bulgarian, English, and English (U.S.). It doesn't offer the
Japanese or Georgian choices you mentioned, but it seems to run OK. I don't
know what to do next.

Regards,

.... Bob