PostgreSQL Editor and other Postitions

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: m(dot)systems(at)worldonline(dot)cz, m_syamantak(at)yahoo(dot)com, naz(at)mira(dot)net,xswu(at)sonata(dot)iscas(dot)ac(dot)cn, jeff(at)lightspeed(dot)com(dot)sg,bruno(dot)leveque(at)net6d(dot)com, jillian(at)koskie(dot)com, graulich(at)shauny(dot)de,jack(dot)dahlgren(at)intel(dot)com, answersquad-admin(at)mcslp(dot)com,robert(dot)bernier5(at)sympatico(dot)ca, karim2k(at)mail(dot)be,jussi(dot)mikkola(at)bonware(dot)com, samuelso(at)samuelsotillo(dot)com,tmeyer(at)brownstone(dot)net, markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com,petej(at)interbaun(dot)com
Subject: PostgreSQL Editor and other Postitions
Date: 2003-09-16 00:27:59
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
People,

I'm sorry to spend so long getting to you on this.   A good portion of the
delay was because we were overwhelmed with the responses!

The first thing I'll ask your to do is to join the pgsql-advocacy mailing
list.

Attached are  list of what some of us see as the needed "volunteer jobs" in
the PostgreSQL community.   Of course, we have many more needs than these,
but the ones listed come with a nifty title.

The important thing is that we're looking for people to take "ownership" of
siginifcant responsibilities in the postgresql community.   We do not have a
company backing us that can take care of all the tedious tasks, and other
volunteers are as busy as you are, which means that if you say you'll do it
and don't, it doesn't get done.

So I'm going to ask each of you to look at the list and consider what you can
commit to for the next year.    Most of these "jobs" will require a
significant amount of time at the outset to get them up and running as nobody
has ever done them before.  All come with the following "benefits":
1) an @postgresql.org e-mail address if you want it;
2) the right to use the title in your sig;
3) the warmest regard of the core team, which combined with US$2.75 will buy
you a double latte.

If the expected time required is too much for you for any of these "jobs",
then just join the advocacy team and do what you can.  Otherwise, e-mail me
again with what you're specifically interested in.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

pgsql-advocacy by date