Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad binary

From: Bob Kimble <bob(at)iplicity(dot)com>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Debian Alpha (unstable) build produces bad binary
Date: 2003-09-15 20:10:12
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Monday 15 September 2003 13:06, Andreas Pflug wrote:
> Bob Kimble wrote:
<snip>
> Well that looks good, or really bad. It's wxGetSingleChoiceIndex in line
> 201 pgAdmin3.cpp, which has just 4 parameters (rest is default), and
> they're certainly ok.
> wxWindows tries to create a simple dialog, and it fails deep in gtk.
> Could you try a newer gtk? Please tell us which version you're using
> now, and which you're trying. Maybe that helps, because the wx code has
> been working in million of other cases.
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

It appears that I'm running version 2.2.4 of gtk (that's the version of the
libgtk2.0-0 package I have installed). I'm running Debian unstable on that
machine in order to play with the most current software. I don't really know
how to install a newer version. I use apt-get, dselect, and dpkg to install
everything.

BTW -- I can run pgadmin3 just fine on my other machines, so this is not a
critical issue for me. I'm just trying to do what I can to help with the
development effort. I'm not a C or C++ programmer -- I pretty much use just
Java and Python these days. I use PostgreSQL for my database back end, and
pgadmin3 is just brilliant -- it's a truly excellent piece of software.

Regards,

.... Bob