Re: translator for pgAdmin

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(at)poure(dot)com>
To: "Rui Vilela" <ruivilela(at)hotmail(dot)com>, angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: translator for pgAdmin
Date: 2003-09-13 07:44:39
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Le Samedi 13 Septembre 2003 01:24, Rui Vilela a écrit :
> Hello, I declare myself as translator for portuguese (Portugal) pt_PT
> Rui Vilela
> Portugal

Thank you for joining us. Your name was added to the translator list. Your
files will be available on http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/translation.php
after sync. Please read the howto, which describes the main guidelines.

There is already a translator for pt_BR brasilian. Please make sure that you
both select a common vocabulary, at least for PostgreSQL objects and pgAdmin3
menus. There should be only minor differences between the two variants of
Portuguese, mainly spelling and some expressions.

The best solution may be to get in touch with the pt_PT translator in order to
harmonize the vocabulary. Also, try to use the diff utility once in a while
to follow the evolution and keep the two variants syncronised.

We can only improve the quality of pgAdmin by active communication between
users, developers and translators.

Best regards,
Jean-Michel