Re: high cpu usage with postgres on windows XP

From: a m <arte91(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: high cpu usage with postgres on windows XP
Date: 2003-09-08 20:34:54
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi Jason,

thanks - I tried that - it doesn't seem to be picking
up the conf file though as it's still writing out the
error messages to the postmaster.log file.

I copied the "sample" conf file to "postgresql.conf",
uncommented out the line and changed it to false. I
tried the same in the .sample version. I even tried
uncommenting out all the lines in the .conf file.

Should the file be in a different directory than
/usr/share/postgresql? or is there some option to get
it to recognize the .conf file? I tried starting and
stopping both ipc-daemon2 as well as postmaster - I
rebooted as well.

thanks