Re: Need a good slogan to use for ...

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need a good slogan to use for ...
Date: 2003-09-08 16:01:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Marc,

> > > The only thing I can come up with is "Of the people, For the people",
> > > in reference to the ppl on the ground leading the elephant, which is
> > > bearing the wait of the ppl on his back ...

Hmmm ... if this is for a general-purpose PostgreSQL t-shirt, I'm not sure I
can come up with a slogan because I'm not clear on why we're using the
cartoon.   I mean, it's a fun cartoon, but what does it say about PostgreSQL?

The only suggestion I would have would be something along the lines of:
"Strong enough to carry your whole company."

Fun idea for a cartoon ... advertise eRServer replication with a cartoon of a
mama elephant and several calves.

Speaking of t-shirts, we're going to want several for Comdex, and I'll need
one for PHPCon.  Just for the attendees; I don't think we're allowed to sell
anything for Comdex.

How much lead time do you need?   I'll ask attendees about sizes.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions