Postgres & pgAdmin help

From: JinNet Picker <netpicker9(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgres & pgAdmin help
Date: 2003-09-04 10:24:08
Lists: pgadmin-support
I Using MAC OS 10.2 System, Recently my administrator
installed Postgres7.3 in My MAC System. After that i
created database "test".

I am trying to access postgres from PgAdmin, i already
changed host name to 'localhost" and default database
to "test"

when i am trying to login from pgadmin as user
postgres (which is default user) it is giving Login
Falied message to me. do i need change anything??

and also how to Start postgres service??

Thanks in advance.