synonym and design tool

From: "chakkara rangarajan" <ranga(at)dvdstation(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: synonym and design tool
Date: 2003-08-29 20:44:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I am coming with an oracle background. In oracle, if user A wants to access
the objects of user B, User A has got 2 options:

1. Access the object using dot notation

2. Access the object after creating a synonym for the user B object in USER
A schema and access the object using the synonym.

Is there any equivalency in PGsql and if so, please let me know.

Also, please let me know, if there is any downloadable design tool(freeware)
available for the design of the schema?

Thx

--Ranga